To Be or Not To Be

My friend Joy and I were waiting for a ride home when suddenly I feel the need to write. It was triggered by one of our mean jokes about things in the past, present and future. I'd rather stop storytelling about it before somebody slams my fb wall reprimanding me for my being bitchy or something. LOL.
Places to See: Japan (Watercolor on I-board)
Anyways, I just want to share this story I had way over a year ago I posted at fb's Notes. It's my version of 'To Be or not To Be'. Who cares if it is so far from Shakespeare's writings? I wasn't born circa 1500s anyway. And I know I promised to make this blog more fashion-inclined, but I am just human - born to break promises. LOL again. So, without further ado, ladies and gentlemen, it goes something like this:
"They say I’m eccentric, probably because I’m so associated with my arts. Most of the time, I’d rather daydream than be connected with topics that couldn’t make people productive. Well, as Einstein once said and I’ve also believed in, ‘great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds’.

Despite quirkiness as they say, I find myself in the job that handles human resources in a private firm (my boss could fire me when she reads this). Ironic at it seems, but through training and exposure, I find myself meeting people, becoming tactful, respectful of other’s ideas and interest, and eventually becoming productive and effective in what I do.
Prom Dress for a client. Who wouldn't want to be a Prom Queen?
Now, I consider myself an artist who is into fashion illustration and design. At the same time, an HR Professional. How did I manage to roll both? It’s a long, winding, and flat story that can make your brain so numb you would pass out even before the story ends. And I believe that you don’t what to hear it either.

I like strolling for kilometers around the city just basically looking around and nothing in particular purpose. I like Ugly Betty because of her peculiarity (it’s old school, I know!), but I want to be as cool as Miranda Priestly (The Devil Wears Prada, so love Meryl Streep!) in the future. I love eating pizza and garlic bread though I'm not Italian. Way back then, I did not like to wear skinny jeans, but lately, I have become so apologetic. I realized wearing such a tight-fitting jeans makes me feel soooo damn good.
Sometimes, I made it to the paper!
I least like people who do not explore possibilities and contain themselves in a fish bowl of self-imprisonment. Gosh! I hate to admit it, but it looks like I’m kind of liking Miley’s “Can’t Be Tamed” hit. I just feel like it's me she’s talking about! (I know there’re about 7B people in planet earth, but I just want to feel special. LOL, third time.)

I’m a busy body doing boring things for the sake of survival. Life is tough, you know. But, I keep my schedule open for my pastime favorites that include sketching, watercolor painting, reading books and stories by John Grisham. I also love writing for just about anything, but most of the time I caught myself in the middle of those hollow moments of my life contemplating with Mariah Carey's lyrical songs (what song isn’t lyrical, anyway?). I was also a CPA: not Certified Public Accountant; but Certified Party Animal. But not anymore, just lately.
Also to the Nationals, too!
As a person in pursuit of a career in Fashion Illustration/Design, my works/designs are so connected with those places and things that I grew up with. I reflected my memoirs of childhood and countryside living in my clothes, those memories like strolling in the meadow filled with flowers, veggies garden, birds, and almost all the things that are found only in the rural sides. Probably I was like Steve Jobs who said, 'you can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life’. 

Yes, life can only be understood backwards, but one should live forward-bound. That’s the eccentricity. Also, it's about making decisions - to be or not to be. That’s life!" 
Ciao!


Comments

Popular Posts